Spaghetti with Fried Capers and Anchovies
1/3 cup olive oil
1/2 cup drained nonpareil capers, rinsed
In a small skillet, heat olive oil until shimmering. Add the capers and fry over high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned and shriveled, about 4 minutes. Strain the capers and discard the oil.
Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente
Meanwhile, in a mortar or mini-processor, combine the anchovies, garlic and lemon zest; pound or process to a thick paste
6 anchovy fillets, coarsely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
1/2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the parsley, extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, crushed red pepper and fried capers.
Drain the spaghetti. Add it to the fried caper mixture, toss to coat add reserved fried capers and serve.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified