Spaghetti with Fried Capers and Anchovies
1/3 cup olive oil
1/2 cup drained nonpareil capers, rinsed
In a small skillet, heat olive oil until shimmering. Add the capers and fry over high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned and shriveled, about 4 minutes. Strain the capers and discard the oil.
Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente
Meanwhile, in a mortar or mini-processor, combine the anchovies, garlic and lemon zest; pound or process to a thick paste
6 anchovy fillets, coarsely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
1/2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the parsley, extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, crushed red pepper and fried capers.
Drain the spaghetti. Add it to the fried caper mixture, toss to coat add reserved fried capers and serve.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations