James City County woman slams car into post office
James City County, Va.- A James City County woman drove her car into the side of the U.S. Post Office on Monticello Avenue on Friday officials say.
The 71-year-old woman’s 2006 Honda was parked on the side of the building when she tried to pull out.
She was backing the car up but instead of putting it in reverse, she put the car in drive and that’s when she hit the building.
Police say the car went through two windows on the side of the building and between two support columns.
They say there was very little damage done to the car and there was no structural damage to the building.
They are unsure if the office will re-open on Saturday for business.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales