James City County woman slams car into post office
James City County, Va.- A James City County woman drove her car into the side of the U.S. Post Office on Monticello Avenue on Friday officials say.
The 71-year-old woman’s 2006 Honda was parked on the side of the building when she tried to pull out.
She was backing the car up but instead of putting it in reverse, she put the car in drive and that’s when she hit the building.
Police say the car went through two windows on the side of the building and between two support columns.
They say there was very little damage done to the car and there was no structural damage to the building.
They are unsure if the office will re-open on Saturday for business.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found