James City County man accused of stealing horse
James City County, Va. – A 59-year-old James City County man has been charged after police say he stole a horse from a farm on Forge Road.
They say Eddie Raymond Barker was arrested for grand larceny, breaking and entering with the intent to commit larceny and misdemeanor animal cruelty.
He has now been released from jail on a $2,500 secured bond.
They say Barker allegedly went into the stable on October 24th and stole Windchill, a Hanoverain Thoroughbred Cross horse.
The horse was found later on the caretaker’s property. Officials say Barker tried to hide identifying marks on the horse by covering them up with spray paint.
The horse was evaluated and a veterinarian reported minor injuries to the animal.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home