UPDATE: Arrests made in deadly Virginia Beach shooting
UPDATE: On November 7, 2013, police arrested 20-year-old Jordan Diangelo Champion of the 6000 block of Clear Springs Road in Virginia Beach. He is charged with First Degree Murder, Use of a Firearm, and Conspiracy to Commit Murder. He is being held in the Virginia Beach Correctional Center without bond.
Police have also arrested 20-year-old Daushawn Latrez Newton of the 1300 block of Glyndon Drive in Virginia Beach. Newton was arrested on November 13, 2013. He was charged with Second Degree Murder and Use of a Firearm. He is being held in the Virginia Beach Correctional Center without bond.
This case remains under investigation; stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.
Virginia Beach, Va. – A 20-year-old man is dead after a shooting in Virginia Beach on Tuesday.
Calls about gunshots in the area came in to 911 just after 9 p.m.
Police responded to the scene in the 5900 block of Edgelake Drive near the intersection of Clear Springs Road. This is in the Level Green area of the city.
An officer arrived and found 20-year-old Kristopher Daniel Lee behind the 5900 block of Clear springs Court, suffering from a gunshot wound.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
There is no suspect information at this time.
If you know anything about this shooting, please call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’