Ohio teacher accused of using N-word in Facebook rant suspended
A teacher in Akron, Ohio is in hot water after being accused of using a racial slur in a Facebook rant.
David Spondike is a music teacher at Firestone High School and he is now on paid administrative leave while the school district investigates what they are calling racially insensitive comments.
According to fox8.com, the school sent out a release describing the comment. They say the Facebook comments “appeared to reflect his anger over actions taken by young people trick or treating and, according to his Facebook writings, urinating on or near his property and in front of his children.
The comments have now been removed and the account has been deleted.
According to Fox8, Spondike issued an apology for the Facebook post saying the comments were directed at the teen who exposed himself in front of young children.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- UPDATE: Cargo ship runs aground in Virginia Beach; crews to start salvage plan Friday
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call