6 dead in Greenwood County, South Carolina, shooting
(CNN) — Six people, including two children and the suspected shooter, were found dead in Greenwood County, South Carolina, an official said Tuesday night.
All died from gunshot wounds, said Greenwood County Sheriff Tony Davis.
The crime scene was along Callison Highway, according to South Carolina Law Enforcement Division spokesman Tom Berry. Four crime scene investigators and three regional agents from that agency have been sent there to assist local authorities, Berry added.
About 80 miles west of the state capital of Columbia, Greenwood County has roughly 70,000 people, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery