Les Smith Reports: Republicans, Democrats bring in the heavy hitters for governor’s race
Today Virginia’s gubernatorial candidates focused on Hampton Roads.
The Republican and Democratic campaigns had stops in Hampton Roads today rallying their bases and breaking out some heavy hitters just 8 days until the polls open.
On the Democrats’ side, one of their biggest names, Former President Bill Clinton, spoke to the crowd at Nauticus in Norfolk talking about the differences between the ideologies of the two candidates saying McAuliffe will listen to ideas where Cuccinelli will stick with his beliefs.
Clinton is in the middle of a four-day campaign swing for McAuliffe.
Republican candidate Ken Cuccinelli also had a big name, Kentucky Senator Rand Paul.
Right now, he’s one of the bigger GOP names out there and one of the top people in the Tea Party Movement.
Both criticized Terry McAuliffe’s stance on abortion and questioned the honesty of his campaign.
The most recent poll for the governor’s race, released by Old Dominion University last week has McAuliffe leading Cuccinelli by seven percentage points.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations