Les Smith Reports: Republicans, Democrats bring in the heavy hitters for governor’s race
Today Virginia’s gubernatorial candidates focused on Hampton Roads.
The Republican and Democratic campaigns had stops in Hampton Roads today rallying their bases and breaking out some heavy hitters just 8 days until the polls open.
On the Democrats’ side, one of their biggest names, Former President Bill Clinton, spoke to the crowd at Nauticus in Norfolk talking about the differences between the ideologies of the two candidates saying McAuliffe will listen to ideas where Cuccinelli will stick with his beliefs.
Clinton is in the middle of a four-day campaign swing for McAuliffe.
Republican candidate Ken Cuccinelli also had a big name, Kentucky Senator Rand Paul.
Right now, he’s one of the bigger GOP names out there and one of the top people in the Tea Party Movement.
Both criticized Terry McAuliffe’s stance on abortion and questioned the honesty of his campaign.
The most recent poll for the governor’s race, released by Old Dominion University last week has McAuliffe leading Cuccinelli by seven percentage points.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales