Hours adjusted for six Suffolk elementary schools
Suffolk, Virginia – According to a press release for Suffolk Public Schools, instructional hours will be adjusted for Creekside Elementary, Driver Elementary, Florence Bowser Elementary, Hillpoint Elementary, Mack Benn, Jr. Elementary, and Nansemond Parkway Elementary schools starting Monday.
The new hours for the six schools is now 9:30 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
This change will allow buses to arrive closer to the school’s start time, and to pick up students closer to dismissal time.
Most students will arrive home about the same time as they have been, but have a shorter wait time at school after classes end.
The morning drop-off time will remain at 8:45 a.m.
Click here to see the new bus stop pick-up times.
The school board will discuss challenges facing transportation this school year at it’s October 10th meeting.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found