Trial continues for man accused of killing Vietnam veteran
Chesapeake, Va. – The trial continues today for the man accused of killing a Vietnam veteran.
Prosecutors say 23-year-old Kyle Langreder threw the final blow that killed 77-year-old Charles Silva back on September 27 of last year.
Police say the Vietnam vet was attacked by three men, but only Langreder was arrested.
Earlier this week, prosecutors showed pictures of Silva’s injuries, and one of the other two men named by police in the case, testified for the prosecution.
The other man is also scheduled to testify.
Once the prosecution rests, Langreder is expected to testify in his own defense.
The trial resumes Thursday morning at 10 a.m.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Update: Two dead in homicide-suicide shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'