USS Tortuga docked at its new homeport in Virginia Beach
The USS Tortuga is docked at its new homeport at Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek Fort Story in Virginia Beach.
The crew of the Tortuga is the former USS Ashland crew.
The sailors are returning following a four-month deployment and hull swap with the Ashland in Japan.
It’s part of the Navy’s plan to routinely exchange older ships with newer, more efficient ships.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery