USS Tortuga docked at its new homeport in Virginia Beach
The USS Tortuga is docked at its new homeport at Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek Fort Story in Virginia Beach.
The crew of the Tortuga is the former USS Ashland crew.
The sailors are returning following a four-month deployment and hull swap with the Ashland in Japan.
It’s part of the Navy’s plan to routinely exchange older ships with newer, more efficient ships.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel