Blue Angels to fly full schedule in 2014 after being grounded by budget cuts
Virginia Beach, Va. – The Blue Angels will return to the skies and fly a full schedule of shows in 2014 after the budget sequestration grounded the team this past summer.
The Blue Angels 2014 schedule shows the team returning to NAS Oceana September 20-21.
The news came in a blog post by Rear Adm. John Kirby, the Navy’s Chief of Information. Kirby announced that while the Navy will restore some community outreach programs canceled last year, it will not return to previous levels due to the cuts.
Among the programs that will return to full or partial schedules in 2014:
- Full schedules for the Blue Angels and the Leap Frogs parachute team
- Fleet Weeks in New York City; Port Everglades, Fla.; San Francisco, Calif.; Seattle, Wash.; and Portland, Ore.
- Navy Weeks in Baltimore, Md.; Mobile, Ala.; Pittsburg, Pa.; St. Louis, Mo.; Omaha, Neb.; and Dallas, Texas
- Port visits in Baltimore, Md.; Mobile, Ala.; New Orleans, La.; Tampa, Fla.; Savannah, Ga.; New York, N.Y.; Boston, Mass.; Camden, Maine Philadelphia, Pa., and Los Angeles, Calif.
- Navy and regional band tours and performances
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Update: Two dead in homicide-suicide shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'