Attempted robbery on ODU campus, police looking for suspects
Norfolk, Virginia – ODU Police are investigating an attempted robbery that occurred on campus around 1:38am Saturday.
The incident is reported to have happened at Lot 44 on 49th Street and Powhatan Street.
According to police, the victim says he was walking alone through Lot 44 when he saw three men get out of a black two-door Hyundai Elantra.
The victim says he was approached by one of the suspects who struck him in the face. A fight ensued and the other two suspects pinned him to the ground and tried to take his wallet.
The victim says he continued to struggle and the suspects left the scene without any of his property. He sustained minor injuries and declined medical treatment.
The three suspects are described as black males in their late 20′s, wearing dark colored jeans and t-shirts.
One of the suspects is described as having a medium complexion, dread locks hair style, and a muscular build.
The other two suspects had dark complexions and one had a goatee with no mustache.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Old Dominion University Police at 757-683-4000.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen