Attempted robbery on ODU campus, police looking for suspects
Norfolk, Virginia – ODU Police are investigating an attempted robbery that occurred on campus around 1:38am Saturday.
The incident is reported to have happened at Lot 44 on 49th Street and Powhatan Street.
According to police, the victim says he was walking alone through Lot 44 when he saw three men get out of a black two-door Hyundai Elantra.
The victim says he was approached by one of the suspects who struck him in the face. A fight ensued and the other two suspects pinned him to the ground and tried to take his wallet.
The victim says he continued to struggle and the suspects left the scene without any of his property. He sustained minor injuries and declined medical treatment.
The three suspects are described as black males in their late 20′s, wearing dark colored jeans and t-shirts.
One of the suspects is described as having a medium complexion, dread locks hair style, and a muscular build.
The other two suspects had dark complexions and one had a goatee with no mustache.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Old Dominion University Police at 757-683-4000.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel