USS Albany arrives at Norfolk Naval Shipyard for overhaul
The overhaul involves a modernization package and extensive maintenance, as well as the addition of the latest system combat package currently being developed.
“We’re more than ready,” said Superintendent David Bittle. “We’re excited; we’re charged-up and ready to go. My team is gold and they’re ready to get started.”
Albany (SSN 753) is a Los Angeles-Class submarine commissioned April 7, 1990, the fifth ship of the United States Navy to be named for Albany, New York.
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket