USS Albany arrives at Norfolk Naval Shipyard for overhaul
The overhaul involves a modernization package and extensive maintenance, as well as the addition of the latest system combat package currently being developed.
“We’re more than ready,” said Superintendent David Bittle. “We’re excited; we’re charged-up and ready to go. My team is gold and they’re ready to get started.”
Albany (SSN 753) is a Los Angeles-Class submarine commissioned April 7, 1990, the fifth ship of the United States Navy to be named for Albany, New York.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom