Norfolk elementary school student brings gun to school
A student at Ingleside Elementary brought a gun to school in their backpack on Wednesday.
The boy reportedly showed his teacher an empty handgun magazine shortly after school began.
The teacher took the magazine and the boy’s backpack and escorted him to the principal’s office.
The principal found a handgun in the backpack, but no ammunition.
The boy says he found the gun in his parent’s closet and put it in his backpack.
The police were notified of the incident and the child’s parents have been charged with Child Neglect as a result.
The child was referred to Juvenile Court Intake.
Child Protective Services are expected to follow up.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales