Man taken to hospital after being shot in stomach in Portsmouth
Portsmouth, Va. – Police in Portsmouth are now investigating after they say a man was shot in the stomach on Thursday night on Rutter Street.
Police say they received a call about the shooting at 6:05 p.m.
When they arrived on the scene, they found a 45-year-old man who was suffering from a gunshot wound to the stomach.
The man was stabilized and then taken to Sentara Norfolk General. He is expected to be OK.
The man’s 99-year-old neighbor, Ruth Holman, told NewsChannel 3 she heard the gunshots.
“I heard something that sounded like gun shooting,” says Holman.
No suspect information has been released yet.
If you know anything about this case, call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified