Governor McDonnell announces plans to widen Lynnhaven Pkwy
Governor McDonnell’s office just announced a $19 million project that would improve traffic in each direction of the roadway.
The project calls for Lynnhaven to expand to four lanes from Centerville Turnpike to Indian River Road, making it a continuous four-lane road.
Four new traffic signals will also be added, along with an eight-foot wide multi-use path, a sidewalk, and sound barriers.
The widening project will also create a connection between Chesapeake and Virginia Beach by bridging a canal between Centerville Turnpike and Indian River Road.
The project manager says right now, nearly 11,000 cars per day drive on those roadways and that’s expected to double in the next 12 years.
The project is expected to be completed by 2016.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket