Governor McDonnell announces plans to widen Lynnhaven Pkwy
Governor McDonnell’s office just announced a $19 million project that would improve traffic in each direction of the roadway.
The project calls for Lynnhaven to expand to four lanes from Centerville Turnpike to Indian River Road, making it a continuous four-lane road.
Four new traffic signals will also be added, along with an eight-foot wide multi-use path, a sidewalk, and sound barriers.
The widening project will also create a connection between Chesapeake and Virginia Beach by bridging a canal between Centerville Turnpike and Indian River Road.
The project manager says right now, nearly 11,000 cars per day drive on those roadways and that’s expected to double in the next 12 years.
The project is expected to be completed by 2016.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time