Botched drug deal inside Lynnhaven Mall leads to assault
Virginia Beach, Va. – Police are investigating after a drug deal went bad inside one of Virginia Beach’s busiest shopping malls.
Police say two people were engaging in a drug deal inside Lynnhaven Mall earlier in the bathroom Thursday afternoon.
“If you want to conduct that type of business, it should be elsewhere and not in a public setting,” said a shopper.
The two could not negotiate an agreeable price, so one assaulted the other. The drug dealer hit the victim in the head, snatched the money, and took off with the drugs.
Beach police don’t expect to bring any charges against the drug dealer since the assault happened after an illegal activity and there’s no concrete evidence which is needed for prosecution.
Police say the injuries are not life-threatening, but they are looking for the other man.
A spokesperson with the mall says they can’t comment on any extra security measures they are taking because of this botched drug deal.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million