Botched drug deal inside Lynnhaven Mall leads to assault
Virginia Beach, Va. – Police are investigating after a drug deal went bad inside one of Virginia Beach’s busiest shopping malls.
Police say two people were engaging in a drug deal inside Lynnhaven Mall earlier in the bathroom Thursday afternoon.
“If you want to conduct that type of business, it should be elsewhere and not in a public setting,” said a shopper.
The two could not negotiate an agreeable price, so one assaulted the other. The drug dealer hit the victim in the head, snatched the money, and took off with the drugs.
Beach police don’t expect to bring any charges against the drug dealer since the assault happened after an illegal activity and there’s no concrete evidence which is needed for prosecution.
Police say the injuries are not life-threatening, but they are looking for the other man.
A spokesperson with the mall says they can’t comment on any extra security measures they are taking because of this botched drug deal.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel