Car hits two homes in Hampton neighborhood
Hampton, Va. – A car hit two homes on Grimes Road on Wednesday in Hampton.
After the car went through her home, all Francis Benn could think about was home improvements.
“Boom, and I was like, ‘What in the hell is going on out here?’ And you come outside and the side of your house, your window looking like that. I didn’t think my house was going to look as raggedy as this,” says Benn.
The car went off the road, tearing off the side of her house, and even hitting her neighbor’s house, too.
“They hit my living room too, and I was like ‘What?’” says Bernard Johnson.
Johnson was walking out when he saw the car coming towards him.
“That car gonna hit me, so I ran back inside. And before I get inside the door, it zooms right across the yard, hits my neighbor’s fence right here, and I say, ‘Oh it’s going to tear that house down,” says Johnson.
The car swerved away from the home but still took out a good chunk of it. If it had hit head on, the damage would have been worse.
Hampton police have not released any details about the driver’s condition and they have not said if any charges are pending.
A crew has been working on repairing the home since the crash happened Wednesday afternoon. The family of four is being put up in a hotel for the next few nights and should be able to return to the house when everything is cleared out.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study