Car hits two homes in Hampton neighborhood
Hampton, Va. – A car hit two homes on Grimes Road on Wednesday in Hampton.
After the car went through her home, all Francis Benn could think about was home improvements.
“Boom, and I was like, ‘What in the hell is going on out here?’ And you come outside and the side of your house, your window looking like that. I didn’t think my house was going to look as raggedy as this,” says Benn.
The car went off the road, tearing off the side of her house, and even hitting her neighbor’s house, too.
“They hit my living room too, and I was like ‘What?’” says Bernard Johnson.
Johnson was walking out when he saw the car coming towards him.
“That car gonna hit me, so I ran back inside. And before I get inside the door, it zooms right across the yard, hits my neighbor’s fence right here, and I say, ‘Oh it’s going to tear that house down,” says Johnson.
The car swerved away from the home but still took out a good chunk of it. If it had hit head on, the damage would have been worse.
Hampton police have not released any details about the driver’s condition and they have not said if any charges are pending.
A crew has been working on repairing the home since the crash happened Wednesday afternoon. The family of four is being put up in a hotel for the next few nights and should be able to return to the house when everything is cleared out.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations