VIDEO: 18-foot sea creature found by snorkelers
CATALINA, Calif. – Snorkelers found the body of a giant, 18-foot sea creature known as an oarfish Sunday off the Port of Los Angeles, according to a recent report from KTLA.
Researchers say it was the “discovery of a lifetime.”
It took more than 20 people to pick up the fish, which live in deep waters and are rarely found near the shore, the reports says.
Ancient mariners used to call the giant fish “sea serpents.”
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Video: Utah Jazz mascot gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head