VIDEO: 18-foot sea creature found by snorkelers
CATALINA, Calif. – Snorkelers found the body of a giant, 18-foot sea creature known as an oarfish Sunday off the Port of Los Angeles, according to a recent report from KTLA.
Researchers say it was the “discovery of a lifetime.”
It took more than 20 people to pick up the fish, which live in deep waters and are rarely found near the shore, the reports says.
Ancient mariners used to call the giant fish “sea serpents.”
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend