VIDEO: 18-foot sea creature found by snorkelers
CATALINA, Calif. – Snorkelers found the body of a giant, 18-foot sea creature known as an oarfish Sunday off the Port of Los Angeles, according to a recent report from KTLA.
Researchers say it was the “discovery of a lifetime.”
It took more than 20 people to pick up the fish, which live in deep waters and are rarely found near the shore, the reports says.
Ancient mariners used to call the giant fish “sea serpents.”
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home