VIDEO: 18-foot sea creature found by snorkelers
CATALINA, Calif. – Snorkelers found the body of a giant, 18-foot sea creature known as an oarfish Sunday off the Port of Los Angeles, according to a recent report from KTLA.
Researchers say it was the “discovery of a lifetime.”
It took more than 20 people to pick up the fish, which live in deep waters and are rarely found near the shore, the reports says.
Ancient mariners used to call the giant fish “sea serpents.”
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach