Newport News police work to identify drowning victim
Newport News, Va. – Newport News police need your help to identify a man who they say was found dead near Peterson’s Yacht Basin adjacent to a marshy area back on September 29th in 2012.
They say the man’s body was found by kayakers in the area.
Rescue crews recovered the body and it was then taken to the medical examiner’s office. Officials determined that the man had died from drowning. He was never identified.
The FBI has now created a sketch of what they believe he may have looked like before he died.
He’s described as a black man who may be in his 40s or 50s, he was about 5’8″ to 5’10″, he was slim and had a mustache. At the time, he was wearing a yellow Nike shirt and black pants with a gold belt. He was not wearing any shoes.
If you know who he is, please call Detective Todd Filer at 757-928-4200.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury