Man’s body found in Norfolk trash can
Norfolk, Va. – A body was found in the trash at a Norfolk apartment complex early Monday morning.
NewsChannel 3 spoke to people who tried to save him.
Norfolk police and forensics crews collected evidence at Ingleside Square Apartments.
That’s where witnesses say a man was found face down in a trash can.
Officials wheeled the body away around 10 a.m. to be transported for an autopsy.
The man’s sister says her brother went out for a walk early this morning, and around 8 a.m. she spotted feet sticking up out of the garbage can in their backyard.
She says she pulled him out, and two other men ran over to try to revive her brother – but it was too late.
“We was trying to give him mouth to mouth and meanwhile the lady was on the phone talking to 911 and I was saying, I told him, I said man you did all you could but the man is gone,” says Clifton Rhines apartment complex employee.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship