Man’s body found in Norfolk trash can
Norfolk, Va. – A body was found in the trash at a Norfolk apartment complex early Monday morning.
NewsChannel 3 spoke to people who tried to save him.
Norfolk police and forensics crews collected evidence at Ingleside Square Apartments.
That’s where witnesses say a man was found face down in a trash can.
Officials wheeled the body away around 10 a.m. to be transported for an autopsy.
The man’s sister says her brother went out for a walk early this morning, and around 8 a.m. she spotted feet sticking up out of the garbage can in their backyard.
She says she pulled him out, and two other men ran over to try to revive her brother – but it was too late.
“We was trying to give him mouth to mouth and meanwhile the lady was on the phone talking to 911 and I was saying, I told him, I said man you did all you could but the man is gone,” says Clifton Rhines apartment complex employee.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales