All workers rescued from Camden Co. grain silo
Five workers have been rescued and after being trapped inside a grain silo at a farm in Camden County, according to the Camden County Sheriff’s Department.
The silo is located at George Wood Farms, Inc. at 133 Highway 343.
The incident happened around noon.
Four of the five workers were taken to Albemarle Hospital in Elizabeth City to be treated but they were reportedly in good condition.
The fifth worker was flown to Norfolk Sentara Hospital with leg injuries.
The Camden County Fire Department responded to assist in rescuing the workers from inside the silo.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales