Police arrest 17 year-old in Hampton stabbing
Hampton, Virginia – Police have arrested a 17 year-old male in connection to a stabbing in the 2200 block of Shell Road Saturday night.
Police responded to the area around 10:30pm and found the victim, a 36 year-old Hampton man, suffering from stab wounds to his upper body in the stairwell outside of the residence.
He was transported to the hospital with critical injuries.
The Hampton Police Division SWAT Team responded to retrieve the suspect, who remained inside the home.
The suspect was quickly taken into custody without incident and has been charged with one count of maiming and one count of use of a knife in commission of a felony.
Police have not released the motive for the stabbing.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified