Passenger bus from New York headed to Virginia Beach crashes on the Eastern Shore
Machipongo, Virginia – According to State Police, a commercial passenger bus ran off the road and struck a ditch in the 13,000 block of Lankford Highway in Macipongo.
The bus had left New York and was traveling to Virginia Beach.
There were 55 people on board the bus and 13 were transported to Shore Memorial Hospital for treatment of minor injuries.
The passengers were from New York, Pennsylvania, and Virginia Beach.
The driver was 59 year-old Jeffrey Williams of New York. He was not injured and is being charged with failure to keep a vehicle on the roadway.
The commercial passenger bus is owned by ABC Bus Leasing but was leased to Vision Tours Bus.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
There were no road closures as a result of the crash.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom