12-year-old boy killed in vehicle crash in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Va. – Police are on the scene investigating after a 12-year-old boy was killed when a vehicle he was in crashed into a tree earlier this evening.
Police received a call just before 6 p.m. about the crash near the intersection of First Colonial Road and Paramore Drive.
Investigators have determined that the vehicle was going south on First Colonial Road when it lost control on a curve. The vehicle then hit a tree in the median, went across the northbound lanes and hit another tree.
There were three people in the vehicle at the time. Two of the passengers were rushed to a local hospital. Police say one of them, Michael Chao Fang of Virginia Beach, died shortly after arriving. The other passenger’s injuries were not life-threatening.
Police say speed too fast for the road conditions appear to be a factor.
The northbound and southbound lanes of First Colonial Road at Mill Dam Road are closed while the investigation continues.
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury
- Officials discuss plans to repair closed Bonner Bridge