Portsmouth Police say suspicious death is now a homicide
Portsmouth, Virginia – Portsmouth Detectives have officially changed the their investigation from a suspicious death to homicide.
They have also identified the victim as 35-year old Anthony Eugene Reid of the 2400 block of Azalea Avenue, Portsmouth. The official cause of death will be determined by the Medical Examiner’s Office.
Reid was found near the railroad tracks in the grassy area behind the homes located in the 180 block of Choate Street just after 8:00 A.M. this morning. Reid was not breathing and was pronounced deceased at the scene.
According to family, Reid was last heard from at approximately 8:00 P.M. on Saturday, October 5, 2013. This was the last time Reid was known to be alive.
Detectives believe that someone may have seen Reid before he was killed or may have vital information that can assist them with identifying who committed the crime.
Detectives are asking anyone with information to call the Crime Line at 1-888-Lock-U-Up.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales