Broadway Hit “Color Purple” is coming to Willet Hall Theatre and will be free to the public
Portsmouth, Va. – Willet Hall Theatre will be playing the eleven Tony Awards nominated “Color Purple” from October 18-October 20 as a special presentation in honor of National Domestic Violence Month.
This famous Broadway musical is based on the classic Pulitzer Prize-winning novel by Alice Walker.
It tells the unforgettable and inspiring story of a woman named Celie who finds strength to triumph over adversity and discover her unique voice in the world.
The play also features a GRAMMY nominated score filled with gospel, jazz, pop and the blues to tell the amazing story of hope and the healing power of love.
Norfolk native Torrey Russell and musical director Sherrod Brown are responsible for putting on this wonderful event.
Showtimes for The Color Purple will be October 18 – 20, 2013: Friday at 7:00pm, Saturday 2:00pm & 7:00PM, and Sunday at 3:00PM.
Tickets are free and the show is open to the public.
For more information on this event, please visit Broadway In The Hood.
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach