Broadway Hit “Color Purple” is coming to Willet Hall Theatre and will be free to the public
Portsmouth, Va. – Willet Hall Theatre will be playing the eleven Tony Awards nominated “Color Purple” from October 18-October 20 as a special presentation in honor of National Domestic Violence Month.
This famous Broadway musical is based on the classic Pulitzer Prize-winning novel by Alice Walker.
It tells the unforgettable and inspiring story of a woman named Celie who finds strength to triumph over adversity and discover her unique voice in the world.
The play also features a GRAMMY nominated score filled with gospel, jazz, pop and the blues to tell the amazing story of hope and the healing power of love.
Norfolk native Torrey Russell and musical director Sherrod Brown are responsible for putting on this wonderful event.
Showtimes for The Color Purple will be October 18 – 20, 2013: Friday at 7:00pm, Saturday 2:00pm & 7:00PM, and Sunday at 3:00PM.
Tickets are free and the show is open to the public.
For more information on this event, please visit Broadway In The Hood.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Grandy EMT allegedly hid camera in bunk room, Radio Shack tanning booth