Big Blue statue unveiled at ODU
At a packed celebration at the Webb Center on Friday morning, ODU unveiled a 7-foot-tall bronze statue of their mascot, Big Blue.
The idea for the statue came from members of ODU’s Student Government Association after seeing a similar statue at another school.
The statue was made by Virginia Beach sculptor Richard Stravitz.
Throughout their journey, ODU students are encouraged to revisit the statue and rub Blue’s belly so as to bring wealth, good luck and prosperity. Four years later, students will again take their picture with Big Blue as part of their graduation celebration.Submit Your Photo
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time