Shutdown causes impact on flu season
If the shutdown continues it could have a huge impact on this year’s flu season.
According to a memo from the Department of Health and Human Services, the Center for Disease Control and prevention will be “unable to support the annual influenza program.”
The memo from the Department of Health and Human Services also says as long as the shutdown lasts the CDC will be unable to “spot and limit the spread of the disease” as well as not be able to offer “technical assistance, analysis, and support to state and local partners for infectious disease and surveillance.”
Don’t worry; the flu season isn’t a total loss during the shutdown. You can still receive your flu shot.
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Couple calls 911 after they don't get hash brown order at McDonald's