Hampton High School student accused of making bomb threat
Hampton, Va. – An 18-year-old Hampton High School student has been arrested and charged after police say a bomb threat was made to the school on Thursday morning.
At around 11:09 a.m., police say a student notified them about a potential bomb threat.
School officials called police, and the school was then put on lockdown while authorities investigated.
They found the threat to be a hoax and the school resumed normal operations at noon.
Chandon CJ Burton was then charged with threatening to bomb which is a class 5 felony.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery