Today we have a special honoree — a US Airman and 2003 Phoebus high school graduate — Airman First Class Lee-Bernard Chavis from Hampton.
He died back in 2006 while fighting in Iraqi.
According to his former classmates – Chavis left his post to save a child when he was shot down by a sniper. Those classmates will honor him at Phoebus high school’s homecoming game on October 18th. Newschannel three honors Chavis this morning and thanks him for his service and sacrifice.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel