Today we have a special honoree — a US Airman and 2003 Phoebus high school graduate — Airman First Class Lee-Bernard Chavis from Hampton.
He died back in 2006 while fighting in Iraqi.
According to his former classmates – Chavis left his post to save a child when he was shot down by a sniper. Those classmates will honor him at Phoebus high school’s homecoming game on October 18th. Newschannel three honors Chavis this morning and thanks him for his service and sacrifice.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation