Four train cars derail at CSX train yard
Crews are working to re-rail several coal cars after they derailed in the CSX train yard early Tuesday morning.
A spokeswoman with CSX said the incident happened around 2:00 a.m. and involved four cars.
The cars were carrying coal and as a result of the derailment, some coal was spilled in the train yard.
No hazardous materials were involved. No one was injured. And there will be no impact to customers or the public.
One car has already been re-railed and the three others will be re-railed once a damage assessment is complete.
A cause of the derailment has not yet been released.
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach