Four train cars derail at CSX train yard
Crews are working to re-rail several coal cars after they derailed in the CSX train yard early Tuesday morning.
A spokeswoman with CSX said the incident happened around 2:00 a.m. and involved four cars.
The cars were carrying coal and as a result of the derailment, some coal was spilled in the train yard.
No hazardous materials were involved. No one was injured. And there will be no impact to customers or the public.
One car has already been re-railed and the three others will be re-railed once a damage assessment is complete.
A cause of the derailment has not yet been released.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Grandy EMT allegedly hid camera in bunk room, Radio Shack tanning booth