Update: Woman hit by a car on Tidewater Drive
Update: Police say the woman’s condition has improved and her injuries are no longer considered life threatening. No charges have been filed at this time and the accident remains under investigation.
Norfolk, Va. – Police are investigating a scene in which a woman was hit by a vehicle on Tidewater Drive.
Witnesses to the accident say a woman was making a routine trip to the 7-11 on Tidewater drive Saturday to buy candy to sell in the neighborhood.
Witnesses say there is no crosswalk where the woman was crossing-its a mere ten feet away.
As she tried to cross the street from the medium, witnesses say that’s when she was hit by an oncoming vehicle that appeared to be speeding.
Witnesses say that after the woman was hit, the car rolled for another twenty feet.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Update: Two dead in homicide-suicide shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'