Update: Woman hit by a car on Tidewater Drive
Update: Police say the woman’s condition has improved and her injuries are no longer considered life threatening. No charges have been filed at this time and the accident remains under investigation.
Norfolk, Va. – Police are investigating a scene in which a woman was hit by a vehicle on Tidewater Drive.
Witnesses to the accident say a woman was making a routine trip to the 7-11 on Tidewater drive Saturday to buy candy to sell in the neighborhood.
Witnesses say there is no crosswalk where the woman was crossing-its a mere ten feet away.
As she tried to cross the street from the medium, witnesses say that’s when she was hit by an oncoming vehicle that appeared to be speeding.
Witnesses say that after the woman was hit, the car rolled for another twenty feet.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel