High winds cancel fireworks at Neptune Festival
Virginia Beach, Va. – Organizers for the 40th Annual Virginia Beach Neptune Festival have canceled Saturday night’s fireworks show due to high winds.
The city of Virginia Beach Fire Marshal made the decision for for possible property damage and safety concerns for festival guest from flying firework debris from strong northeast winds.
The remainder of the festival including music, food, exhibits, and sand sculpting viewing will be open until 11 p.m. Saturday night.
The fireworks will not be rescheduled.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found