High winds cancel fireworks at Neptune Festival
Virginia Beach, Va. – Organizers for the 40th Annual Virginia Beach Neptune Festival have canceled Saturday night’s fireworks show due to high winds.
The city of Virginia Beach Fire Marshal made the decision for for possible property damage and safety concerns for festival guest from flying firework debris from strong northeast winds.
The remainder of the festival including music, food, exhibits, and sand sculpting viewing will be open until 11 p.m. Saturday night.
The fireworks will not be rescheduled.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home