Gunman on the run, 55-year-old in critical condition after shooting in Hampton
Hampton, Va. – Hampton police are looking for a gunman after a 55-year-old woman was shot at a bus stop.
Neighbors told us the woman had to have three surgeries and remained in critical condition Sunday.
Police responded to the 900 block of North King Street around 4:30 a.m. Saturday where they found a woman shot in the chest.
“She was shot right here, this is where I sit every morning, I go get my coffee and my newspaper and I sit right here,” said Rhonda Lee Thomas.
Thomas said she knew the woman from the bus stop and cannot imagine why anyone would want to hurt her.
“It was an injustice for somebody to shoot that lady,” said Thomas.
The circumstances and motive of the shooting are still under investigation and police are seeking the public’s help with identifying suspects.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call the Hampton Police Division at 757-727-6111 or contact the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-UP.
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- Officials discuss plans to repair closed Bonner Bridge
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury