Toyota recalling 600,000 minivans
By Peter Valdes-Dapena
NEW YORK (CNNMoney) — Toyota is recalling 615,000 Sienna minivans in the United States for a problem that could allow them to roll away when parked.
The minivans involved are from the 2004, 2005 and 2007 through 2009 model years. In these vehicles, a mechanism inside the shift lever could break allowing the minivans to be shifted out of park without the brake pedal being pressed. If that happens the vehicle could roll away.
Toyota is aware of 21 accidents and two minor injuries resulting from this problem, Toyota spokeswoman Cindy Knight said.
Owners will be notified by mail when to bring their vehicles to a Toyota dealer for repairs, Toyota said in its announcement. More information about the recall is available at toyota.com/recall
™ & © 2013 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found