Update: SWAT team called to Beach home after man barricades himself inside
Update: Police have now taken Mark Perry, the man barricaded inside the home, into custody. Officers were able to get into the home at 6:02 p.m.
Virginia Beach, Va. – The SWAT team has been called out to a Virginia Beach home after police say they attempted to serve a warrant on a man inside.
The suspect police are looking for is Mark V. Perry who is wanted for grand larceny and money under false pretense.
At around 1:14 p.m. on Friday, the Warrant Unit went to the 3700 block of Kingsmill Way.
An officer saw him come out of the home, look around and they say he went back inside of the home.
A woman then came out and told officers no one was inside, but police say they actually saw him go back into the home.
Officers on the scene have tried to call and they’ve used the bullhorn to contact him.
Police say Perry is known to be violent and they’ve had run ins with him in the past.
At around 3:38 p.m., SWAT members were called out to the scene.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found