New York approves “text stops” along state highways
Drivers in New York might be seeing something different along the road soon: text stops.
The state plans to establish 91 “Texting Zones” along state highways, encouraging drivers to wait until they can safely pull of the road to respond to text messages.
The signs will say “Text Stop” and “It can wait,” and both will note how far away the nearest texting zone, pull off, or rest stop is located.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video