Auto enthusiasts show up to support Project Lifesaver in Newport News
Newport News, Va. – Auto enthusiasts brought their hot rods, sports cars, trucks and motorcycles to benefit a worthy cause today.
Newport News Sheriff’s Department sponsored an event today called Project Lifesaver. Folks ventured out to the Kmart on Warwick Blvd. to show off their rides.
Project Lifesaver was created to help locate adults and children with mental disabilities that wander away from home.
Participants were asked to bring canned food donations along with their registration. The canned foods went to the Virginia Peninsula Food Bank.
All cash proceeds from today’s event will go to Project Lifesaver.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Who wrote it -- man or woman? Take our handwriting quiz!