Auto enthusiasts show up to support Project Lifesaver in Newport News
Newport News, Va. – Auto enthusiasts brought their hot rods, sports cars, trucks and motorcycles to benefit a worthy cause today.
Newport News Sheriff’s Department sponsored an event today called Project Lifesaver. Folks ventured out to the Kmart on Warwick Blvd. to show off their rides.
Project Lifesaver was created to help locate adults and children with mental disabilities that wander away from home.
Participants were asked to bring canned food donations along with their registration. The canned foods went to the Virginia Peninsula Food Bank.
All cash proceeds from today’s event will go to Project Lifesaver.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom