Thousands of pirates invade Newport News
Newport News, Va. – The Mariners’ Museum was invaded by thousands of pirates on Saturday in an attempt to break a world record!
The largest ever pirate gathering totaled 14,231 and that record is now held by Hastings, England. The Mariners’ Museum came up short with only 6,759 pirates in attendance, but that didn’t stop the day’s fun.
Pirates were counted using wristbands when entering the park; however not just anyone with an eye patch and stuffed parrot was able to pass as a pirate.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Grandy EMT allegedly hid camera in bunk room, Radio Shack tanning booth