Thousands of pirates invade Newport News
Newport News, Va. – The Mariners’ Museum was invaded by thousands of pirates on Saturday in an attempt to break a world record!
The largest ever pirate gathering totaled 14,231 and that record is now held by Hastings, England. The Mariners’ Museum came up short with only 6,759 pirates in attendance, but that didn’t stop the day’s fun.
Pirates were counted using wristbands when entering the park; however not just anyone with an eye patch and stuffed parrot was able to pass as a pirate.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested