Runners participate in Heart of Ghent 10K
Norfolk, Va. – People in Norfolk welcomed the fall season with a run through historic Ghent in the Heart of Ghent 10K on Saturday morning.
The race started at 8 a.m. at Blair Middle School off Colley Avenue. The race was followed up by the Kids Fun Run that began at 9:30 a.m. Five bands were set up along the course this year to keep everyone energized.
Along with the Ronald McDonald House, the race also benefits “For Kids” and ACCESS AIDS Care.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- UPDATE: "Katherine" the Great White Shark spotted in the surf off Kitty Hawk
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Some mail sent to sailors aboard the USS Harry S. Truman was lost at sea
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly