Runners participate in Heart of Ghent 10K
Norfolk, Va. – People in Norfolk welcomed the fall season with a run through historic Ghent in the Heart of Ghent 10K on Saturday morning.
The race started at 8 a.m. at Blair Middle School off Colley Avenue. The race was followed up by the Kids Fun Run that began at 9:30 a.m. Five bands were set up along the course this year to keep everyone energized.
Along with the Ronald McDonald House, the race also benefits “For Kids” and ACCESS AIDS Care.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million