Rally held for man shot by Norfolk officer at Wells Fargo
Norfolk, Va. - A man was killed after being shot by police in a Norfolk parking lot.
Police say Joshua Johnson and a woman tried to cash a stolen check at a Wells Fargo in Ghent.
Police approached their gold Mercedes, and that’s when investigators say one officer was shot and run over by the car as it went in reverse.
21-year-old Joshua Johnson is the man police say was behind the wheel. Johnson was shot by police who say it was in self-defense.
The Commonwealth’s Attorney just weeks ago ruled the Norfolk Police officer’s use of deadly force was justified.
This is something Johnson’s family and friends cannot believe.
They are asking officials to release the video of the day the incident took place.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified