Rally held for man shot by Norfolk officer at Wells Fargo
Norfolk, Va. - A man was killed after being shot by police in a Norfolk parking lot.
Police say Joshua Johnson and a woman tried to cash a stolen check at a Wells Fargo in Ghent.
Police approached their gold Mercedes, and that’s when investigators say one officer was shot and run over by the car as it went in reverse.
21-year-old Joshua Johnson is the man police say was behind the wheel. Johnson was shot by police who say it was in self-defense.
The Commonwealth’s Attorney just weeks ago ruled the Norfolk Police officer’s use of deadly force was justified.
This is something Johnson’s family and friends cannot believe.
They are asking officials to release the video of the day the incident took place.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations