UPDATE: Beach man indicted on child neglect charges
Erico Gerard Sawyer
UPDATE: Erico Gerard Sawyer, 29, has been indicted for charges of malicious wounding and child cruelty/abuse/neglect in connection to the abuse of a 3-year-old back in September of 2013.
He has a court date scheduled in May.
Virginia Beach, Va. – A 28-year-old man is behind bars after he was charged with felony child neglect in Virginia Beach.
Police say on Monday at around 3:30 p.m., they received a call that a 3-year-old child had been taken to the hospital in serious condition. The child was suffering from life-threatening injuries police say.
The child remains in critical condition.
After an investigation, Erico Gerard Sawyer was charged with felony child neglect and he is now being held in the Virginia Beach Correctional Center without bond.
No further details have been released. This case is still under investigation.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Bullying or Fun? Military spouses go to battle over "Dependa" on Facebook
- Wait -- they found a gun hidden WHERE?!
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- UPDATE: Woman caught on camera stealing from baby's grave explains why she did it