Beach man charged with child neglect of 3-year-old
Erico Gerard Sawyer
Virginia Beach, Va. – A 28-year-old man is behind bars after he was charged with felony child neglect in Virginia Beach.
Police say on Monday at around 3:30 p.m., they received a call that a 3-year-old child had been taken to the hospital in serious condition. The child was suffering from life-threatening injuries police say.
The child remains in critical condition.
After an investigation, Erico Gerard Sawyer was charged with felony child neglect and he is now being held in the Virginia Beach Correctional Center without bond.
No further details have been released. This case is still under investigation.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video