Beach man charged with child neglect of 3-year-old
Erico Gerard Sawyer
Virginia Beach, Va. – A 28-year-old man is behind bars after he was charged with felony child neglect in Virginia Beach.
Police say on Monday at around 3:30 p.m., they received a call that a 3-year-old child had been taken to the hospital in serious condition. The child was suffering from life-threatening injuries police say.
The child remains in critical condition.
After an investigation, Erico Gerard Sawyer was charged with felony child neglect and he is now being held in the Virginia Beach Correctional Center without bond.
No further details have been released. This case is still under investigation.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study