Newport News man taken to hospital after being hit by car
Newport News, Va. – A 24-year-old man has been taken to the hospital with possible life-threatening injuries after police say he was hit by a car on Tuesday night.
Calls came in about the accident on Stoney Creek and Jefferson Ave. at around 10:36 p.m.
When police arrived, they found the 24-year-old who they say was unresponsive at the time.
After a preliminary investigation, police say a man driving a white Crown Victoria was going northbound on Jefferson Ave. when the 24-year-old stepped off of the curb and was hit.
Right now, the northbound lane on Jefferson Ave. at Stoney Creek is closed as police continue to investigate.
No charges have been determined. The driver of the car stayed at the scene police say.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- One dead, eight hurt in multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains