Newport News man taken to hospital after being hit by car
Newport News, Va. – A 24-year-old man has been taken to the hospital with possible life-threatening injuries after police say he was hit by a car on Tuesday night.
Calls came in about the accident on Stoney Creek and Jefferson Ave. at around 10:36 p.m.
When police arrived, they found the 24-year-old who they say was unresponsive at the time.
After a preliminary investigation, police say a man driving a white Crown Victoria was going northbound on Jefferson Ave. when the 24-year-old stepped off of the curb and was hit.
Right now, the northbound lane on Jefferson Ave. at Stoney Creek is closed as police continue to investigate.
No charges have been determined. The driver of the car stayed at the scene police say.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested