Man arrested in weekend shooting at Jason’s Deli in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Va. – Police have arrested and charged a man in Sunday’s shooting outside the Jason’s Deli on Virginia Beach Blvd.
32-year-old Reginald Eugene Whidbee Jr. was arrested by members of the department’s Warrant and Fugitive Squad and SWAT team.
Police say Whidbee was involved in a dispute inside the restaurant that spilled into the outside patio area, where he shot the victim before fleeing.
The victim was transported to a local hospital for treatment and his injuries are non-life-threatening.
Whidbee is being held without bond on charges of Malicious Wounding, Use of a Firearm in the Commission of a Felony, and Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon.
This case remains under investigation by the department’s Homicide Unit.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time