Light The Night Walk takes action to help fund treatment for blood cancers
Light The Night Walk sponsored by the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) will be held Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. at the Peninsula Town Center in Hampton.
Light The Night Walk is a fundraiser that allows the community to take action and raise funds to support blood cancer research, provide financial assistance for patient expenses, educational materials and activism.
Participants raise an average of $220.
You can take part by creating or joining a team or by simply donating to an individual or a team.
There are also opportunities for local businesses to become sponsors, which earns the business exposure in the community.
To learn more information about LLS and Light The Night Walk or to register visit http://www.lightthenight.org.
You may also visit the Virgina chapter’s site at http://www.lightthenight.org/va/ to find additional dates for walks in Virginia.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home