Light The Night Walk takes action to help fund treatment for blood cancers
Light The Night Walk sponsored by the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) will be held Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. at the Peninsula Town Center in Hampton.
Light The Night Walk is a fundraiser that allows the community to take action and raise funds to support blood cancer research, provide financial assistance for patient expenses, educational materials and activism.
Participants raise an average of $220.
You can take part by creating or joining a team or by simply donating to an individual or a team.
There are also opportunities for local businesses to become sponsors, which earns the business exposure in the community.
To learn more information about LLS and Light The Night Walk or to register visit http://www.lightthenight.org.
You may also visit the Virgina chapter’s site at http://www.lightthenight.org/va/ to find additional dates for walks in Virginia.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million