Light The Night Walk takes action to help fund treatment for blood cancers
Light The Night Walk sponsored by the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) will be held Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. at the Peninsula Town Center in Hampton.
Light The Night Walk is a fundraiser that allows the community to take action and raise funds to support blood cancer research, provide financial assistance for patient expenses, educational materials and activism.
Participants raise an average of $220.
You can take part by creating or joining a team or by simply donating to an individual or a team.
There are also opportunities for local businesses to become sponsors, which earns the business exposure in the community.
To learn more information about LLS and Light The Night Walk or to register visit http://www.lightthenight.org.
You may also visit the Virgina chapter’s site at http://www.lightthenight.org/va/ to find additional dates for walks in Virginia.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Victim's family angry after killer gets unsupervised leave