Light The Night Walk takes action to help fund treatment for blood cancers
Light The Night Walk sponsored by the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) will be held Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. at the Peninsula Town Center in Hampton.
Light The Night Walk is a fundraiser that allows the community to take action and raise funds to support blood cancer research, provide financial assistance for patient expenses, educational materials and activism.
Participants raise an average of $220.
You can take part by creating or joining a team or by simply donating to an individual or a team.
There are also opportunities for local businesses to become sponsors, which earns the business exposure in the community.
To learn more information about LLS and Light The Night Walk or to register visit http://www.lightthenight.org.
You may also visit the Virgina chapter’s site at http://www.lightthenight.org/va/ to find additional dates for walks in Virginia.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’