William and Mary knocks of #1 Creighton
Norfolk, Va. – It was a wild one on the field Sunday afternoon as William and Mary knocked off number one ranked Creighton in double overtime! The teams were competing at ODU in the Stihl Soccer Classic. They won three to two with the game winning shot coming from Maury grad Jeff Bombelles.
Now this is the Tribe’s first win over the number one ranked team in the country since downing number one Maryland in 2004, that time also in double overtime.
William and Mary has another big one coming up September 24 when they will head to Chapel Hill to take on UNC, the number two ranked team in the nation.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations