“Sandman Triathlon” heads to the Oceanfront
Virginia Beach, Va. – Sunday marked the 31st annual “Sandman Triathlon”. The grueling test of physical conditioning includes a 1K (750 meter) open ocean swim, 14-mile bike ride, and 5k (3.1 mile) run. Known as one of the best triathlons in the mid-Atlantic region, the event hosted over 700 participants and thousands of spectators last year.
Pre-registration is required for participants though the event is open for public viewing. Spectators are allowed to view the competition at the swim start, the finish line, and along the race route. To register, visit sandmantri.com.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found