“Sandman Triathlon” heads to the Oceanfront
Virginia Beach, Va. – Sunday marked the 31st annual “Sandman Triathlon”. The grueling test of physical conditioning includes a 1K (750 meter) open ocean swim, 14-mile bike ride, and 5k (3.1 mile) run. Known as one of the best triathlons in the mid-Atlantic region, the event hosted over 700 participants and thousands of spectators last year.
Pre-registration is required for participants though the event is open for public viewing. Spectators are allowed to view the competition at the swim start, the finish line, and along the race route. To register, visit sandmantri.com.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen