“Sandman Triathlon” heads to the Oceanfront
Virginia Beach, Va. – Sunday marked the 31st annual “Sandman Triathlon”. The grueling test of physical conditioning includes a 1K (750 meter) open ocean swim, 14-mile bike ride, and 5k (3.1 mile) run. Known as one of the best triathlons in the mid-Atlantic region, the event hosted over 700 participants and thousands of spectators last year.
Pre-registration is required for participants though the event is open for public viewing. Spectators are allowed to view the competition at the swim start, the finish line, and along the race route. To register, visit sandmantri.com.
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- Update: Bonner Bridge closes over safety concerns
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Washington and Lee student killed, 9 injured in crash
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says