“Sandman Triathlon” heads to the Oceanfront
Virginia Beach, Va. – Sunday marked the 31st annual “Sandman Triathlon”. The grueling test of physical conditioning includes a 1K (750 meter) open ocean swim, 14-mile bike ride, and 5k (3.1 mile) run. Known as one of the best triathlons in the mid-Atlantic region, the event hosted over 700 participants and thousands of spectators last year.
Pre-registration is required for participants though the event is open for public viewing. Spectators are allowed to view the competition at the swim start, the finish line, and along the race route. To register, visit sandmantri.com.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship