Tropics Update: Ingrid expected to make landfall Monday
We are tracking the very latest in the tropics with Hurricane Ingrid.
Ingrid continues to move slowly toward the east coast of Mexico. The storm is expected to make landfall Monday evening, bringing torrential rains, flooding and strong winds to that region. Ingrid is the second hurricane of the 2013 Atlantic hurricane season.
We are also keeping a close eye on the remnant moisture of Humberto over the open waters of the Atlantic Ocean. Humberto will likely redevelop into a tropical system over the next couple of days. We are not expecting tropical development here in Hampton Roads and NE North Carolina from these systems.
Remember, you can track the tropics by using the NewsChannel 3 Hurricane Tracker. Click here: http://wtkr.com/weather/hurricane-tracker/
We will continue to keep an eye on the tropics for you throughout hurricane season from the Live VIPIR Forecast Center.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend