The community takes action for a Virginia Beach woman with cancer
Virginia Beach, VA - The community gathered at The Happy Shopper on Holland Road Saturday afternoon and put on a car wash to raise money for Cheryl Hughes and her family.
Hughes is recovering from colon cancer and was on the verge of eviction from her house when the community took action and helped her get results.
Organizers of the event say they raised $12,000 today.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time